Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's a girl!

Dave and I decided to start this blog so we can share our experiences about our baby with our family and friends. We are a bit late starting this since I am just over 20 weeks along in the pregnancy. It has truly been an amazing ride!

If I could summarize the first 3 months in one word I would say, tired. I felt like I was in a coma and Dave was tired because I was in a coma. Dave has been a perfect daddy-to-be and husband. He has been working overtime with chores and taking care of the dogs. He pampers me with presents and flowers here and there. What a guy!

About 2 weeks ago, Dave and I found out we were having a baby girl. We really didn't have a preference either way. We just want a healthy baby. So far our wish has come true. The baby is doing well and I am feeling more energetic and I am definitely "showing"!

A few weeks into the pregnancy had a dream that we were going to have a girl and Dave had named her Lily Artichoke. The baby has been named Artichoke every since. Now we know we are having a girl and Lily is the only name that had made the cuts. So Lily it is for now! As far as Artichoke, I found a Greek root word for global artichoke - Cynara (we like to pronounce it sin-are-uh). It was meant to be! Lily Cynara McDonald...our baby girl!

6 comments:

brianlowry said...

Congratulations again on your little Artichoke!! Lily is gonna be the coolest kid in school!

D said...

I can't get over how cute the name Lily is. :)

Whimsy Harbinger said...

What a great way to chronicle your journey! I can't wait to read more posts. Bird can't wait to meet artichoke.

Anonymous said...

We're so excited for you guys! We know Mason and Lily will totally be buddies, and we can't wait to share birth/baby stories with you! :) We love you guys!

Love, Kelly & Brian

Lacie said...

I totally love the story about how you came up with her name! When she's older, she's going to tell all her friends about it and they're going to say "wow, your parents were really cool when they were young!"

And they would be right!

JohnB said...

We cannot wait to meet little Lily..."Bird's" BFF, ja?