Friday, November 13, 2009

Um, hello and the flu shot.

It has been such a long time but time and time again, I realize that I need to share these wonderful feelings and experiences with someone, anyone and hopefully Lily can read about how kick ass she was from the beginning too. I will try to be better about keeping this blog up to date. If not, you'll get a random post every six months or so...

Lily is almost 14 months old. She is walking and has eight teeth - well, almost. Those molars are peeking through but all the way out. Oh, and teething sucks big time. Lily is 95% happy except when she is teething or sick. Luckily, she hasn't been sick many times. I haven't taken Lily to get a flu shot or the H1N1 vaccine and you know what, I am not gonna do it. Let's just be honest here, I am kinda freaked out about all the shots these little people get. We are so fortunate that I get to stay home with Lily most of the time and when she isn't with me, she is with my parents. She isn't around a lot of other kids well, sick kids at least. So, I think I have decided not to go with the flu shot this year. I am not saying that if you got your kid the vaccine that you are a terrible parent, because everyone has their own unique kid and their own life. No judgement here. I am just owning our life, making a decision and moving on. So to Lily's pediatrician - No thanks on the flu shot and no thanks on H1N1.

1 comment:

D said...

YAY! Lily is awesome!

I think you guys still have that Vaccine book I loaned you - what does it say about the regular flu shot? It wouldn't have the H1N1 in it yet, but I'd be curious to see what it says about the normal flu shot.

In any case, you just have to do what you think is best for your family and that's it. :)